Black Friday is undoubtedly a popular time for shopping. More than $60 billion dollars are spent on this day. It’s that time of the year when you can get unbelievable discounts and great savings.
Here are some tips to help you get the best deals on Black Friday:
• Do your research. Many retail shops advertise online the kinds of deals they’re offering for Black Friday, so you need to find out as much info as you can. This can help you pinpoint the shops you’ll want to go to.
Research also means finding out all about the items you want to buy. Regardless of what it is, it’s not always a good idea to just use price as a factor for your purchase decisions. Getting a huge discount on a crappy LCD TV doesn’t change the fact that you bought crap.
• Check the actual discount by using apps or by going online. Just because a retailer is offering a “super low price” doesn’t mean that it’s actually the lowest price available. Make sure to compare prices before buying.
• You can also take advantage of Black Friday deals online. In the wee hours of Black Friday, some sellers may offer their special deals on the Web. You can just buy them online, and then pick them up at their local store.
• Plan what you want to buy in order of priority. Your list should tell you not just what you want to buy, but also which ones you should buy first. This should help you follow a plan. Another way of making sure you get all the deals you want is to organize a team for your shopping (family, friends). Divvy up the list between your friends, and then meet up in a coffee shop later.
• Bring your ads. Some sellers will brag that they will match the lowest price you can get from their competitors. But you will also need the ads of those competitors as proof. You can also use an app for this function too. This will save you a lot of time and effort, because you won’t have to go to another shop just to get the best deal.
• Make sure to get gift receipts. Just because you got a fantastic discount for the perfect gift for a loved one doesn’t mean the recipient will love this item. Include the gift receipt with the gift so that the recipient can return or exchange your gifts much more easily. With gift receipts, the item is described but the price you paid for is not included in the info.
• Use a credit card in making purchases. The credit card company can spare you the trouble of buying an extended warranty, since they already double (or even triple) the warranty at no extra cost. They can also guarantee a refund of up to 90 days. Some credit card companies even offer sale price protection, and you get a refund if the super low price you paid for an item goes even lower within 60 days.